Saturday, November 08, 2008

The flock comes home


Our Norwegian neighbour "Flockmaster" Pete Langtvet supervises the sheep as they enter the barnyard in Donegal for the first time.
This is the farm I lived on before I came to Wilno and a series of serendiptious events led in the course of less than a week to my return along with a flock of 20 sheep...some of them related to my beloved woolly darlings, Carmelita and Agnes. All this because one fine day I said "I envision myself on a farm with a fine flock of sheep". And look what happens!!! When you are really sure what you want, the universe aligns.

Here are the girls, ravenous for fresh grass after the long ride from Halfway. Sad events brought them from their previous home...

Henning and Pete and Tommy and Tom supervise the unloading. What a glorious November morning!!! Sixteen degrees, brilliant sunshine, loading went effortlessly and here we are in Donegal.

No comments: